Health & Safety Coordinator
Permanent / Jour
1715 Haggerty Street, Drummondville
Under the supervision of the Vice-President of Operations, the Health and Safety Coordinator is responsible for establishing and maintaining plans to improve procedures and promote workplace health and safety.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITES AND AUTHORITY
- Apply the tree-year health and safety plan steps.
- Assist health and safety committees at our 3 sites (VVI, HDH and Innergy tech).
- Accompany health and safety representatives during their release.Follow-up on non-compliance and manage the resulting projects.
- Establish, implement and communicate relevant performance measures and statistics.
- Design and / or adapt certain workstations to accommodate employees with limitations (temporary assignment).
- Participate in the development and modification of work spaces and equipment in relation to ergonomics and health and safety in general.
- Analyze the ergonomics of the workstations and provide solutions to reduce the risk of injury.
- Collaborate in raising employees' awareness of health and safety at work (training, activity, documentation, etc.)
- Participate in departmental health and safety projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Relations or Human Resources.
- Five (5) years of relevant health and safety experience.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Be organized and enjoy teamwork.
- Communicate easily with all levels of the organization.
- Manage multiple projects at a time.