EVO5 - Why ventilate?
This video explains why it is necessary to ventilate today's homes using an air exchanger. It shows the different issues solved by the use of an air exchanger.
EVO5 - How to choose your air exchanger?
This video explains how to choose between EVO5 500 HRV and EVO5 700 HRV HEPA.
EVO5 - Installation Options
This video explains the installation options for EVO5 air exchangers.
EVO5 500 HRV
Sold in hardware stores
The EVO5 500 HRV is the brand new air exchanger with heat recovery core and is ideal for homes up to 2,700 sq. ft of leaving space.
This latest evolution of Energy Star® certified air exchangers, called EVO5, features high energy efficient units with an annual consumption reduced up to 50%. You save up to $186 in annual energy costs compared to air exchangers without heat recovery. In addition, these units are ultra-quiet (2.5 sones) with their advanced ventilator design. Being 40% more compact, they are quick and easy to install with their ducting reduced to 5 in. and their electronic wall control included in the box.
To learn more about the electronic wall control included with this unit, click here.
The basic installation kit no. IKSV1000 (sold separately) is required for installation of this unit. It is also possible to purchase an optional bathroom installation kit no. IKBV1000 (sold separately).
This unit is available in hardware stores only.Where to find this product?
|Main Wall Control||Electronic wall control included including 40 ft. wire|
|Filter||Washable foam (2 filters for HRV included)|
|Warranty on parts||1 year, and extend your warranty by 1 year if you register this product online|
|Warranty on core or thermal wheel||limited lifetime|
|ENERGY STAR © qualified||yes|
Venmar air exchangers are available at home improvement centers and hardware stores. If you are a do-it-yourselfer, you can install one of the three ready-to-install models. If you prefer, you can also ask one of the Venmar-recommended installers referred by your retailer.Close
- EVO5 500 HRV - Maintenance
- Spring & Summer - No water in drain plastic tubing (HRV units only)
- Winter & Autumn - Air too dry in the house
- Winter & Autumn - Water in drain plastic tubing (HRV units only)
- Spring & Summer - Recirculation mode
- Winter & Autumn - Recirculation mode
- Winter & Autumn - Unoccupied house during winter
- Winter & Autumn - Firewood
- HRV and ERV - Installation
- HRV and ERV - Balancing
- HRV and ERV - Wall control use
- Spring & Summer - High Humidity Level
- HRV and ERV - Why choose a HRV (Heat Recovery Ventilator)
- Winter & Autumn - Condensation on windows